School History

In 1936, the two smaller schools merged to establish the Camino-Placerville Junior Academy teaching grades K-10 at its present location.  The school later became El Dorado Junior Academy and existed as a K-10 program until 1996 when a decision was made to become a full K-12 school.  The school became El Dorado Adventist School and from 1996 – 2003, the high school program existed as an extension school of Rio Lindo Adventist Academy in Healdsburg, CA.  In the fall of 2003, the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists gave El Dorado Adventist School the authorization to become a stand-alone, fully functioning K-12 institution and in June of 2004, the school celebrated its first official graduates.